Friday, November 1, 2013

Think of You

I know it might sound silly, and I know no one else quite gets it,
But sometimes I wonder about you, even though I don't wanna fix it.
You cross my mind at the oddest times, your voice I can still hear
There are times when I swear it feels like you are still here.
Don't get me wrong I don't want to go back to how things used to be again
Why would I want to pick things up when we left off at the end?
There are places that I go that sometimes the hurt takes me by surprise,
I look at my favorite brown shirt and suddenly I'm looking in your eyes.
All my friends would think I'm crazy, they wouldn't get what I mean
When I say I move on, but I can't let go of the memories.
I keep forgetting, and then something makes me remember and wonder,
At one point your voice was my soundtrack, your smile was my summer.
I'll hear a joke and it throws me back in time,
And then I'll hear your laughter mixing in with mine.

I guess it's only natural to remember what used to be,
But it seems so strange because now you don't mean anything.
When they ask what's on my mind, it seems like I always lie;
I know they wouldn't get the fact that sometimes memories know where to hide,
Until they seem to be forgotten and then they hit me like a bullet out of nowhere
I can bury you and forget you, I already have it just ain't fair.

I'm glad we're over, I don't regret walking away and I never have,
There hasn't been a second I truly ever looked back.
I know it sounds silly, and I know no one else quite gets it,
But sometimes I wonder about you, even though I don't wanna fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment