Friday, November 1, 2013

Cutter's Lullaby

Go to sleep and close your teary eyes
Never again wake to see the night
Hush little girl don't you dare cry
Sit back and enjoy your final night

Here we are once again
All alone with no friends
They let you bleed and said not a word
Not really knowing how depression hurts

A Cutters' Lullaby

Screaming in your ear
All the things you hate to hear
The names the accusations and suggestions
Suffering from hard learned lessons

Can anybody hear you now?
Your mouth is open, tihnk you are screaming so loud
But a sound doesnt escape your pretty lips
And you just let the knife slip

A Cutters' Lullaby

Can anyone see her here?
Down on her knees and the end so near
Invisible in such a crowded place
Eyes just sliding over her tear streaked place

Under the shadow of the steeple
Passed by the forgiven people
Holding the razor so close, and in her hand her final letter
All these people who never even met her

A Cutters' Lullaby

I sit here with nothing to hold on to
But this blade and you want to take that away too
I am alone and I have nowhere to turn
How many lessons must I be forced to learn?

And in the dead silence on the night
I hear the sounds of my own distant cries
Singing a tune noone else seems to know
And its one I wish I never had to know

A Cutters' Lullaby

No comments:

Post a Comment