Friday, November 1, 2013

In Another's Eyes

In another's eyes, you were never given a chance to try
No one ever took the time to see into your eyes
And see where you've been, and who you are today
They all lived in the reputation of what others had to say

All they knew is the way you used to be
They never took time to know you like you were with me
All the playfulness and love, all the tenderness and care
For some reason everyone else thought it wasn't there

In another's eyes, you were meant to die
There was no one on Earth who would ever give you a try
And so now you're no longer here, now there's no more you
I didn't know what else I would be able to do

I sat and scratched your ear, I watched your breathing cease
I cried silently as I betrayed your trust in me
You looked to me to protect you, like I promised I would
I'm so sorry baby, there's nothing more I could do

Man's best-friend, you've finally been given up
In another's eyes, you just weren't deserving of a chance to love
And so now there is nothing in my heart, but this sadness and pain
I'm so sorry boy, maybe we'll see each other again someday

So when it was said and done, and there was no looking back
I silently in my head tried to fight the cold hard facts
It seemed as though I was looking through another's eyes unsure of what to do
So I just leaned down, kissed you one last time, and said I'd miss you, reminded you I loved you

And even though you were never really mine, and though you are gone
In my mind and in my heart, you will always be my number one dog

No comments:

Post a Comment